The prevailing situation all around and also all over the world seems so wierd when I look back a few decades ago to make a comparison. That pains me much. The incongruity and contrast is sometimes so incomprehensible and tragically unacceptable that my whole mind burns in rebellion. But as I can't do anything, so can't I share my feelings with anyone; that's why this monologue.
Monday, December 22, 2014
My Youngest Dadumoni Raafin
This time after returning from Canada, I have become so devastated that most often my eyes fill with uncontrollable tears. Yes, this is because I've left behind my youngest grandson Raafin. His frequent call 'Dada, Dada' and leaping up on my lap, leaving everyone behind and cry with the same uttering 'Dada, Dada' pierces my heart. I never thought I'd be so devastated to have left him behind. Almighty knows how pained I am and how helpless I feel. I cannot forget his face, his smiles and rush towards me with wide open tiny hands. As if my mind's eye sees him everywhere, playing, running, rushing towards me. Oh God, help me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Raafin Dadumoni, I'm hungrily waiting for your coming to Bangladesh. I'm dreaming you're rushing towards me with wide open hands to hug me and call me 'dada, dada'. You'll never know how impatiently and with how much pain I imagine your presence in my lap, sitting with a book you love so much. All your movements and gestures and gaits just float before my eyes and I gaze at them like in a trance. Dadumoni, come to me. Come and cool me with your heavenly presence.
ReplyDeleteWith the passage of time, as I am nearing the 'last post', I deeply think of my grandsons, Reehan and Raafin, living with their parents in Canada. Both of them are my consolation at this fag end of life. With deep regret I look behind and visualize how miserably I failed to perform the duty of a father and head of a family. I wonder how I had foolishly persisted in my wrong decisions to remain 'honest'. This assumed honesty cost me heavily and landed my family into untold misery. The sufferers were my children, especially. Now I wonder had not it been Allah Almighty's boundless grace and mercy, I would have been living a most wretched life. However, to see my two grandsons gleefully playing together at their homes, I find great consolation and express my heartiest dua and prayer for their fathers, my two sons,who have become self-made men and established themselves in a foreign soil as proud citizens. May Allah Almighty grant them a healthy, secure and long life. Amin.
ReplyDelete